Root Beer Cocktail Bitters DIY Kit
Root Beer Cocktail bitters are supportive to the digestive system and you can make them at home!
Root Beer bitters kit contains:
- Organic herbs: Sassafras, Sarsaparilla, Birch bark, Dandelion root, Burdock root, Licorice root, Fennel, Star anise, Ginger
- Cheesecloth for straining
- One 16 oz jar with lid
- A 1 oz amber dropper bottle
- A label for your finished bitters
- Recipe card with detailed instructions
- Herb information
Kit makes nearly one pint of bitters
This formula can be used by kids and adults as a digestive aid, winter warmer, spring tonic or just for flavor. You can enjoy it by the dropper, in cocktails, or mixed with simple syrup and fizzy water for a sweet soda.
Supplies to have on hand:
- vodka, brandy, or other 40-50% liquor
- fine mesh strainer
- liquid measuring cup
- dark, cool cupboard
Here's the best part...you can order replacement herbs once you own the kit! Make this recipe as often as you like.
Caution: Licorice root has been known to interact with blood pressure medications. Licorice and sarsaparilla are not for use during pregnancy.